What are subscriptions?
Playeur allows you to monetize your channel with monthly subscriptions. Subscriptions are monthly recurring payments that are available in tiers set by the creator.
Subscriptions allow you to develop a predictable revenue stream without relying on ads or algorithms. Instead, your community can provide you with a sustainable source of revenue. This revenue is coming directly from your most passionate supporters, which gives you more freedom and independence than having to rely on advertisers.
- Revenue Split: Playeur charges a 8% platform fee, and a processing fee of 2.9% + $0.30. The remainder goes to creators – a higher share than either Patreon’s equivalent Pro plan or YouTube Memberships.
- Payout Cycle: Payouts are batched and made available 30 days after the end of the month. For example, earnings collected in the month of January are held for the month of February and released on March 1st.
- Payout Methods: We currently support payouts using PayPal, ACH or Wire Transfer. Please note that creators are responsible for paying withdrawal and processing fees.
- Access to funds may be delayed or held due to fraud, TOS violations, and tax reporting reasons. In such cases, we communicate with creators in a timely manner to provide details.
- To protect creators we may block some customers’ charges if we believe them to be fraudulent.
- Charge-back fees and costs are deducted from the total reserve. Should charge-backs exceed 1% or occur frequently over the multiple payout periods we may suspend monetization pending an investigation.
- If your account goes into a negative balance due to refunds/charge-backs, future payments received will be used to recover those funds and bring your account back into a positive balance.
- Refund disputes are handled by Playeur, Inc., if someone requests a refund for a subscription, a refund will be issued according to our refund policy.
- Potentially unauthorized transactions are investigated by Playeur on a case-by-case basis. When deemed appropriate, Playeur will issue a refund to the cardholder to protect you from charge-backs and mitigate potential harm to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will I get paid out?
A: Payouts are batched for the month and are made available 30 days after the end of the month when revenue was made. For example, if you earn $50 in the month of June the funds will be available to you 30 days after the end of the month, which is on August 1st.
Q: Why are funds held for so long?
A: The main reason is to mitigate chargebacks and avoid situations that could cause your account balance to turn negative.
Q: How can I get paid?
A: For the US: We currently offer three payout methods: PayPal, ACH Payments, and Wire payments. For those in other countries: We offer payment through PayPal and Wire Payments.
Q: Why is payment taking so long to receive?
A: Payouts timeframes are not guaranteed and a number of factors can impact the speed of a transfer. These include the location, the receiving bank, the payment method, and the date it was sent out. Here are the estimated time frames for our current payout methods:
- ACH: 3 - 5 Business Days
- PayPal: 1 - 2 Business Days
- Wire: 1 - 3 Business Days
Q: Is there a minimum amount that I can withdraw?
A: No minimums are required for withdrawals.
Q: How do I submit what payment method I want to use?
A: Once your account has been approved you will receive a confirmation email. It will include a form to provide us with payment details and request a preferred method of payment.
Q: How do I know how much I have made?
A: A summary report is sent out to all creators that have earned or have previous funds on the 1st of each month. If you have not earned any funds and do not have any funds available in your wallet, no report will be mailed to you. If you have any questions about your balance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Q: Where are these reports sent?
A: The email address associated with your account will be used for all subscription reports.
Q: Do you charge fees for payouts?
A: Playeur does not charge any fees for payouts.